Monday, August 12, 2013

Canoe Ride

My dad has been wanting to buy a canoe for some time and he finally found one for a good deal.  Since he already had it on his truck, he called us up one day to see if we wanted to take it out for a test run.



So, we headed out to Utah Lake for the day. I'll be honest, I think Utah lake is disgusting and really don't ever want to go swimming in it, but since we weren't swimming it was actually a great place for a canoe ride. When we got there, Chloe asked me why I didn't put them in their swimsuits so they could go in the water. I told her I didn't want to have to disinfect them when we were done.  =)



We packed a lunch and enjoyed eating it out on the lake. Chloe and Abby kept throwing Gold Fish crackers into the lake hoping that they would see a fish come eat it--we never did. The girls also loved "helping" us paddle and they did a great job of taking us in circles! After an hour or so we headed back and I let them wade in the water for a little bit while we loaded up the canoe.


Thanks, Dad, for a fun day!

No comments: