Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas

This was our first Christmas morning as a married couple at our house. Yep, in almost eight years of marriage we've never had Christmas morning at home. We were also super excited because this was the first year that Chloe really got the whole "Santa" thing and we couldn't wait to see her face Christmas morning. It was priceless! We also invited the Aaron's mom and dad over to our house that morning for presents and breakfast with us.

Chloe got everything that she asked for from Santa (a train set, a Barbie couch and the Curious George movie) and tons of other fun toys. Abby took a while to warm up to opening up the presents, but after a while she got it and started tearing into them. They both loved opening up their stockings as well - especially when they found the candy...go figure! Among other things, I surprised Aaron with a fire pit for our back porch and he surprised me a full length mirror so now I can finally see what I look like without having to stand on the bed. =)




After the presents were opened and breakfast was finished, we all got ready and went to church. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Christmas than to go to church. We had a beautiful sacrament meeting filled with hymns and scriptures about the birth of Christ and I truly felt the spirit.

Then to top off the day, we went over to the Searle's to spend time with the rest of our family. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful gifts! Here are some pictures of the girls that I took a few weeks before Christmas as well.


1 comment:

jenn said...

your girls are so cute dev! I am so happy to have your blog now so I can see what is going on in your life! What a cute family! I hope all is well!