Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cascade Springs

This past Sunday we took a drive through the Alpine Loop to look at the Fall leaves. After the drive, we met up with Devon's family for a picnic dinner at Cascade Springs. Yes we know that it is Fall and cold outside but hey, that's what jackets are for!

The drive was absoutly gorgeous! I love Fall in Utah. The mountains are so beautiful and the trees are so colorful. Once we got to Cascade Springs, we walked around and waited for the rest of the family to show up...becuase if you know anything about her family, you know they are always late! By the time everyone got there it was about 6:30, the sun was setting and it was getting really cold.

For some reason Aaron and I were the only ones who realized that it would be cold in the mountains and thus we were the only ones who brought sweaters. So, during dinner everyone was huddling around trying to stay warm and enjoy their food. Luckily my mom had brought a blanket that we could wrap up in, but unfortunatley it fell on the ground and was covered with leaves. This didn't bother Tawna though, and she wrapped up in it leaves and all!

Amber (Devon's sister), Lisa (her cousin) and Kelly (a friend of Amber's) were so cold that they ended up wrapping themselves in the table cloth. Lisa was especially cold because while she was carrying down the jug of lemonade, the lid came off and it spilled all down her legs. But, overall we had a great time and enjoyed spending time with family!
The beautiful Fall colors

Aaron , Devon and Chloe

Peter and Janelle Ehat

Grandpa, Grandma and Chloe

3 comments:

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

I can't believe how big Chloe is getting - DARLING! I've been to your class to visit but I always seem to go on Amy's day - fun to catch up with her. -M

Tara Rickards said...

I wish I could go! I miss all of you!

Anonymous said...

I need to get me a tablecloth for my bed. It get's cold at night in my apartment too! ;)

This was so fun. Thanks for planning so much of it Dev! You guys are 'DA BEST! :)