Friday, April 30, 2010

In 29 days....

In 29 days I will officially become a full time stay at home mom. Not just because school will be out for the summer, but because I have turned in my resignation papers and will not be returning to teaching. Aaron and I have decided that it is time for me to stay home with our little munchkin and just be a mom.

I am so excited to be able to stay home, but it is going to be a big transition for me. I have been teaching for 6 years now and it truly is something that I love to do. Someone asked me the other day if I felt like I am throwing my education away and I said "Of course not". I am going to be able to take all the things I have learned and apply it to becoming teacher of my children (no not announcing any thing there by saying children, just writing in future tense).

Anyways, I am excited and can't wait to officially be a stay at home mom.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Yay for you! I'm sure you'll love being home all the time, but it is definitely a bittersweet transition. I had a hard time the first little bit, but of course wouldn't trade it for anything. Enjoy your last month of teaching, and then... enjoy the Sunday nights next fall when you think, "YES! I don't have to go to work tomorrow!" :)

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Congrats! That is very exciting fo you!

Tawna said...

Yea for my sister! (and for Chloe and all "said" future children.) I know you have been wanting this since you got married and had Chloe, so I am super excited for you! I love you so much and am so glad that now you get to do what you have wanted to for so long-- you soon-to-be stay-at-home Mom! :) Love ya'

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

I was sad to stop teaching in a normal school setting and there are times I wish I was teaching again for the feeling of accomplishment. However, staying home with Claire has been the biggest joy of my life. I certainly use my education a lot in my day to day home life with Claire. You will love it and so will Chloe.