Monday, July 27, 2009

Pioneer Day

For those of you who don't live in Utah or have never lived here, you have no idea how big Pioneer Day is here. I am talking about parades, carnivals and fireworks...it's seriously just about as big as the Fourth of July.

This year for Pioneer Day, we went out to dinner with my sister Tawna and my parents and then headed over to a local carnival. We took Chloe on her first merry-go-round and she loved it. Then we met up with Tawna and her boyfriend Keith and went to watch the fireworks in Spanish Fork. This was Chloe's first time watching big fireworks and she was memorized.

It always makes me think about how grateful I am for the pioneers and all they went through in order to have a safe place to worship as they pleased. I think about the cold winter nights and hot summer days without all the modern amenities that we have and I wonder how they did it. The pioneers are a great inspiration to me and they teach me how to endure my trials with a smile no matter how hard they may seem.

No comments: