Saturday, August 16, 2008

25!

Today was my 25th birthday (yep, I am finally a quarter of a century old). The day started off with Aaron surprising me with a delicious cake from the Provo Bakery and Chloe surprised me by sleeping in until 8:00 a.m.! We thought it would be fun to have cake for breakfast, boy were we wrong. We both felt sick afterwards, but it was good while we were eating it.

Then we went and had Chloe's six month pictures taken and got some really cute ones. I was surprised that we got so many cute ones because she was not in a smiley mood. We get them in a couple of weeks so keep your eyes out for them.

After the photo shoot, we drove up to spend the rest of the day in Salt Lake City. We walked around temple square, the church history museum and up to the state capitol. No matter how fancy of a restaurant Aaron offers to take me to, I just love the Olive Garden, so of course we went there for dinner and Chloe gave me another birthday present by sleeping almost through he entire meal...it was so pleasant! Speaking of pleasant, the weather was in the mid. 80's, which is insane for August but we weren't complaining.

The day ended with a little shopping and opening up Aaron's present to me (a Cricut electronic paper cutter...I have wanted one for a long time so I was really excited to get it. Don't I have such a great husband!). Overall it was a wonderful birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a good day. I have no idea what a Cricket paper cutter is--or how a "paper cutter" might differ from a "scissor"--but congrats! :)

p.s. You guys do a great job with this blog.

Tara Rickards said...

Happy Birthday Devon! I'm glad your hubby takes such good care of you!