Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New School

Well, after working hard all year to figure out a way to stay at my current school, Cascade Elementary, while switching to part-time teaching, I just got a phone call saying that I am going to have to move schools since there are two schools with Autism Units within two miles of one another; my school and Foothill Elementary. Due to the amount of students between the two schools, the district can't keep four teachers at the two schools, so they are going to combine the units. There aren't enough classrooms at Cascade, so my co-teacher and I are going to have to move to Foothill.

I am very sad because I love my school and all of the teachers there. I am going to miss them so much, but I feel blessed to have worked with all of them for the past four years. Luckily, my new school is so close to my old one so I will be able to pop in and visit often. I guess I will have to just look on the bright side and think of all the new teachers I will get to meet. Oh, and also that I still have a job!

I am going to move all my stuff at the end of the month and start the fun process of organizing and decorating my new classroom. If anyone wants to help, I would love the extra hands.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So sad. I will miss you tons and miss our morning talks. Make sure you do come visit us often!!!