Monday, July 14, 2008

Dinosaur Museum

On Saturday, my cousin Melissa, her daughter Sequoia and my grandparents came into town from California. We thought it would be fun to go to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. I thought it was interesting, but Aaron was less than impressed! He said more real bones would have been impressive, but the big replicas just didn't float his boat.

After the museum, we went out to dinner at Chuck-A-Rama--that place is my grandpa's favorite buffet and whenever he comes into town we have to go there. Being that it is a buffet, we all stuffed ourselves and I of course heard the following oh so familiar complaint come from Aaron: "I'm so full...I am never going to eat at a buffet again." Of course, in a few months when Grandpa comes back into town all I hear Aaron saying is "Chuck-A-Rama sounds good."

We finished off the evening with games and a wonderfrul fireworks show that was being put on at Thanksgiving Point. We didn't know that there was going to be a show that night, but you didn't hear us complaining. We had a great view from my parents deck and the weather couldn't have been more pleasant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Tawna:

That firework show was amazing, wasn't it?! It was put on by the company of the guy I was on a date with, which it turns out is a company his Dad started, and thus almost his whole family was there. :) We had a great show that we watched, and then they told us to turn around and the next thing we knew there was at least a 35 min. firework show put to music for us. We were right under them, and it was AMAZING! Way better than the fourth of July show Thanksgiving Point put on. Anyways, just thought it was fun that you guys got to see it too.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.