Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mothers Day

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~Washington Irving

Aaron and his Mom

Me and my Mom
Chloe and her Mom
Grandma, Mom, Me, and Chloe

This Mother's Day was wonderful. On Saturday, Aaron cooked his Mom (and Dad) and I a delicious dinner with all the fixings and on Sunday, all the men in my family cooked the women breakfast for dinner. Aaron also got me a beautiful pot of flowers to put on our front porch, but the gift doesn't stop there...he said he will take care of it and keep it alive for me! Ahh, the gift that keeps on giving.

I am so grateful for my mother and for my mother-in-law. They are both such amazing women and if I am only half the mother that they are then I would call my mothering a success. So, thank you Mom and Barbara Ann...I love you both!

1 comment:

Tawna said...

yea. I like our family! Love all the "Mom's" pictures. Here is another quotishy thing on moms? Not quite true, but cute if you think about it only for a moment. Something about God couldn't come to earth and be with each of us all the time, so he gave us mothers. Something like that...:) love you guys!