My cousin Jen sent this to me in an e-mail and I was supposed to respond via e-mail, but I thought this would be more fun. So here is my Christmas Getting to Know You questionnaire.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for Christmas but gift bags at birthdays...I don't know why that is.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We had a real tree the first year we got married but our tree stand had a leak so about two weeks before Christmas we had to take our dead tree down, clean the carpet and find somewhere to get rid of the tree. We got an artificial tree the next year and that is what will stay (until our kids get older and then we might get a real one...nothing beats the smell).
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first week of December. Any later than that and it just isn’t worth the hassle.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? NO WAY!!! Aaron likes it...a lot, but it is not for me!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year my Mom got Tawna and I New Kids on the Block concert tickets. It was my first concert and I screamed every minute of it.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes- I have the Willow Tree one (you know, the statues with no faces...that's what Aaron calls them).
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dearest husband...he is very picky and if I do get something for him as a surprise he usually guesses it by Christmas. He knows me too well.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters. I just find something that I want and get it for them instead.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail for sure! I love getting cards in the mail so I figure other people must like them as well!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received. I am not sure, but my dad has given me some pretty creative gifts- Q-tips, tacks, etc…(I love you Dad!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Babes In Toyland.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start in about October. It helps make December’s budget not look so bad.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep- but I’ll never tell what and to who!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar Cookies!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I'm a white lights girl!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all but right now I am hooked on everything from Josh Groban’s Christmas CD.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? It doesn't matter to me where we are, I just want to be with family, all of them
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Always on Christmas morning.